Do you have in-depth knowledge of any network hardware brand (Cisco, HP, etc) and/or network hardware product type (e.g. switches, routers, cables, etc)? Do you also have strong affinity for sales? Read further!
Sales – Product Manager
As a fast growing global independent distributor of networking equipment, we are now looking for a sales-product manager who would be specialized on a specific product-family. We operate in a fast paced, international B2B marketplace with solid year-on-year growth. A successful product manager is a self-starter who is strong at prospecting, building lasting B2B relationships, and has a strong sales mentality. The earning potential is consistently high for a successful trader with uncapped commission.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for a specific product-family, in-house expert of a specific product type (such as cables, routers, or switches) or a brand (Cisco, HP, our own brand, Dutch-Fiber).
- Prospects for new accounts and maps out the assigned account base in order to pull in or create new requirements and to make proactive offers.
- Creates demand or sales opportunities by utilizing proprietary software.
- Negotiates with the customer to close sales orders and overcome objections while maintaining appropriate business margins.
- Makes prompt business decisions about whether to sell particular assets in any particular situation.
- Identifies and creates innovative sales opportunities.
- Understands and executes the sales order process.
- Maintains and adheres to appropriate sales metrics and business requirements set forth by management to include daily phone time, new prospect development, and maintains and enhances customer relationships.
- Learns, understands and remains current on market conditions including customer/vendor base and their availabilities and requirements, pricing and competitive alternatives.
- Develops and implements strategic purchase programs at key accounts.
- Consistently maintains and accurately updates the information database.
- Develop and maintaining new and unique customers and accounts.
- Some travel required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience in IT – particularly network hardware- trading is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of at least one network hardware brand (Cisco, HP, etc) and/or any network hardware product type (e.g. switches, routers, cables, etc) is essential
- Minimum one year experience in (consultative) selling and long term selling
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Team player
- Intensely entrepreneurial
- Ability to take initiative, a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills (MS Office) and presentation skills
- Ability to leverage business opportunities via phone-calls
WHAT WE OFFER
- Challenging, exciting position at an extremely ambitious, fast growing company
- Competitive salary and perks
- Commission based on monthly sales
- You can be part of a great team consisting of A-players
- Daily lunch & drinks in our GHS office
- Job location: Haarlem (Netherlands)
HOW TO APPLY?
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send us your CV to email@example.com. Dont’t forget to indicate the name of the position in the subject of the email.