End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Products: it is a common term in the world of networking hardware.
But reasonable budget planning suggests some other solutions than migrating to newer models every time the manufacturer announces EoS.
EoS stands for “End of Sale.” EoS items are those you are no longer be able to purchase directly from a manufacturer.
EoL stands for “End of Life,” which essentially means that a vendor has decided that the product has reached the end of its “useful lifespan.” After this particular date the manufacturer will no longer be marketing, sustaining and (in most cases) selling the product in question.
End of Life policies are the standard in today’s IT environment often forcing an artificial 3-5 year upgrade cycle. When a particular vendor schedules hardware for End of Service Life, it can be a difficult time for the customers who use those products. But you don’t need to abandon a hardware because Cisco no longer supports it and is telling you it is now ‘obsolete’. Budget shouldn’t be wasted on swapping out productive hardware. Global Hardware Solutions has an extended network of networking hardware suppliers and thus has access to models that are not supported by manufacturers. In several warehouses throughout Europe we also keep large inventory, so we are likely to be able to deliver you the EoS, EoL items even the next business day. Our warranty terms on these items guarantee that you won’t stay without support.
Contact us today if you need any EoS, EoL networking hardware items.
Some of the recent EoS announcements by Cisco from 2017:
- HWIC-1ADSL : Last Date of Support: June 30, 2017
- CISCO877-M-K9 : Last Date of Support: June 30, 2017
- AIR-CAP3502P-A-K9 : End of New Service: May 1, 2017
- WS-C3560V2-24PS-S, WS-C3560V2-48PS-E : End of New Service: May 14, 2017
- WS-C3560V2-24TS-E , WS-C3560V2-48TS-S : End of New Service: May 14, 2017
- WS-C3750V2-24PS-S, WS-C3750V2-48PS-S, WS-C3750V2-48PS-E : End of New Service: May 14, 2017
- WS-C3750V2-24TS-S , WS-C3750V2-48TS-E : End of New Service: May 14, 2017
- AIR-CAP3502P-A-K9: End of SW Maintenance Release: May 1, 2017
- WS-C3560V2-24PS-S, WS-C3560V2-48PS-E, WS-C3560V2-24TS-E, WS-C3560V2-48TS-S, WS-C3750V2-24PS-S, WS-C3750V2-48PS-S, WS-C3750V2-48PS-E, WS-C3750V2-24TS-S, WS-C3750V2-48TS-E: End of SW Maintenance Release: May 14, 2017